2021 Jeep Wrangler Towing Capacity
The Jeep Wrangler is well-known for its legendary off-road capability, but what if you need an SUV with enough power to tow your boat or camper trailer? When it’s time to get out of Cookeville for the weekend, the small but mighty Wrangler can deliver! In fact, the Jeep Wrangler towing capacity is as high as 3,500 pounds when you opt for a 4-door configuration. Keep reading to explore the Wrangler towing specs and performance features with East Tennessee Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM, and then find your favorite new Wrangler on our lot right here in Crossville.
How Much Can the Jeep Wrangler Tow?
The Jeep Wrangler towing capacity ranges from 2,000 to 3,500 pounds depending on the configuration you choose. Highly customizable, the Wrangler is available in 2-door or 4-door body styles, 14 trim levels, and a wide variety of upgrades and genuine Mopar accessories. To reach the max 3,500-pound Jeep Wrangler towing capacity and haul heavy cargo around Sparta, you’ll need a 4-door model. Here are few points to keep in mind:
- Jeep Wrangler towing capacity for 2-door models: 2,000 pounds
- Jeep Wrangler towing capacity for 4-door models: 3,500 pounds
- Only available as 4-door models: Sport Altitude, Sahara, and Sahara Altitude trim levels
Advanced Jeep 4×4 Systems for Better Towing
- Selec-Trac® 4×4 – Employs two-wheel drive to save fuel when Harriman driving conditions are good, but automatically engages 4×4 when challenges arise.
- Rock-Trac® 4×4 – Offers better control on the trail with a 4:1 low gear ratio, Tru-Lok® electronic-locking differentials, and electronic front sway bar disconnect.
- Command-Trac® 4×4 – If you’ll be towing, make sure that your Wrangler is equipped with Command-Trac®. It provides a neutral option for towing on flat surfaces and a 2.72:1 low gear ratio that’s ideal for tough terrain.
Looking for Jeep capability and more towing power? Consider a new Jeep Gladiator, the only off-road pickup on the market today!
Advanced Towing Features for Your Wrangler
For optimal control while towing at the high end of the Jeep Wrangler towing capacity, add the Trailer Tow and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group for the following features:
- 240-Amp Alternator
- Class II Tow Receiver Hitch
- Winch and Control Light Bars
- Programmable Aux Switches
- 700-Amp Maintenance Free Battery
- Seven and Four-Pin Wiring Harness
Test Drive a New Jeep Wrangler for Sale in Crossville
If you’re ready to haul heavy with a new Jeep Wrangler, contact us to schedule a test drive today! You can get started from home with an online financing application before visiting our dealership, just a short drive from Oak Ridge.
Learn More at East Tennessee Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM
Are you interested in trading in your Cookeville driver a new vehicle? If so, you’re probably asking yourself, “Should I fix my car before trading it in?” While you’re not obligated to repair your trade-in, putting in the extra effort to do is highly beneficial when it comes time for an appraisal. Read this…
While you may have sold your car to a dealership in the past, you may not have tried to do so with a car that still has a loan balance. Depending on how much you owe and the value of your vehicle, the process can get slightly complicated. The good news is that the East Tennessee Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM…
Are you preparing to buy a new vehicle? If so, determining the value of your trade is a great place to start so you can discover how much you can offset the cost of your upgrade by selling your current ride. But where is the best place to trade in a car? While selling a…